Wednesday, June 3, 2009

//My Grandma

My Grandma is the strongest woman that I have ever met. Hands down. And I frimly believe that she is a huge part of the reason that my mom's whole side of the family is so close. Evidence is in how many people showed up to make sure my Grandmother's surgery went alright. That she was being well taken care of. And to let her know how much we loved her and that everything would be okay. She was delayed upwards of four hours and we all sat in her little hospital room and talked and joked and laughed and made sure that she didn't need anything. And if she did, someone promptly went and got it. As the hours passed, more of my family filtered into the small room and we stole countless chairs from other rooms so that we could sit. When it was finally her time we all kissed her brow, told her we loved her, and let her know that we would see her later. We took up the entire waiting room with the number of people we had and even had to bring in other chairs. When the surgeon was finished he came to the room and asked for the family of Florence and we all responded that we were her family. He looked shocked. See, my grandma birthed 11 children. And not all of them were even there. We could have filled the entire hospital I am sure.
She was supposed to come home that night, but after hours of waiting and her throwing up when we were told we could get her dressed to go home, they decided to keep her over night. She did phenomenal in surgery and looked a lot better the next day.
I have a wonderful family and a very very strong and well loved Grandmother. I am so thankful that everything went well and that she is alright. I was afraid for the worst and I know my mother was too.
.
DSCN3951
.
DSCN3953
.
DSCN3956
.
DSCN3960
.
DSCN3961
.
DSCN3968
.
DSCN3971

No comments:

People